Meeting with the Tax Department
International persons receiving income from GW (i.e. employment wages or salary, stipend, scholarship, fellowship, or award) should arrange with the Tax Department to complete the appropriate tax forms.
New international persons:
- Request access to the Foreign National Information System (FNIS) by sending an email to [email protected] with "FNIS access" in the subject line. Include in the email the nature of your relationship with GW (employment, stipend recipient, etc.).
- You will receive your FNIS username and password in an email reply. Log into FNIS. Once data entry is complete, please submit on step 6 within the FNIS system.
- After reviewing your FNIS data, the Tax Department will provide the applicable tax forms to and request supporting documents (copies of I-20/DS-2019, visa, I-94 and passport) from you through the GW Tax Document Secure Exchange system. Note that a gwu.edu email is required to access this system. Upon completion and signature of your tax forms, you will upload them with the supporting documents using the link provided to the GW Tax Document Secure Exchange system.
- International visitors or Law School students who have not claimed their GW UserID and visitor will receive the tax forms via email directly from the Tax Department. All completed forms and supporting documents can be emailed to [email protected] with encryption.
Existing international persons:
- Send inquiries (such as information updates or questions) to [email protected] or call us at the number below and we will instruct and provide forms as applicable.
- Forms and document copies, as applicable, can be submitted to the Tax Department via the GW Tax Document Secure Exchange system.
We are available by email ([email protected]) and phone (571-553-8313) each day of the week from approximately 8:30 am to 5:00 pm.